Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Scary season of unemployment in Nevada

"Nevada continued to record the highest unemployment rate among the states,
11.8 percent in September" (bls.gov)
The Holiday Season is upon us, and I like many, am in search of seasonal employment in the retail industry. I spend countless hours filling out online applications and the required psychological profiles that ask if I "strongly agree; somewhat agree; don't know/not sure; somewhat disagree; or strongly disagree." In person applications, with a polished resume in hand, is no longer in vogue it seems. Giving up is not an option. Networking through my volunteer work, however, is.

Re-purposing lumber for raised garden beds
My volunteerism with Project Angel Faces afforded me an introduction to Beverly Salhanick who told me about an upcoming entrepreneurial seminar. "It seems that whenever the economy goes down; that's when small businesses start." Call 702-895-4270 to make your reservation for the

FREE Seminar "Ask the Lawyers" how to structure & manage your corporation or LLC Tuesday October 30th 6:00pm - 8:00pm


I'm off to check my email and networks. I'll leave no stone, or rather, digital breadcrumb unturned. Have a safe and Boo-licious Halloween!

Gather  'round the cauldron my pretties!


0 comments:

Post a Comment